About time the sun came out it has been terrible for days now lots of cold and lots of rain. Lady wasn't acting quite herself and I had instant panic as I thought I heard no I heard a kind of gurgle when she was eating and even in her little morning nicker. I got towels and tried to dry her and ruff up her hair so it would dry the best I could. I even heated the towels. She was getting tiered of me fussing with her. I had no thermometer but she wasn't hot to the touch but she felt cold to me. She was eating and everything as normal. I can't wait till we get more done on the barn so that on real bad days we can offer them more of a shelter even keeping them in if needed. They have the roof done but no windbreaker so they opt to stand in the woods in the rain. Makes no sense in my human brain.
Today they are all fine. Lady is breathing OK no sound of gurgle this morning. Just came back from Tracy's and Cody is lying in the woods with Molly while Lady makes eyes at her neighbors in the back field. All seems right in their world.
The paddock on the other hand and even their shelter area is a disaster. I've taken my boots off twice so far trying to navigate. They just get sucked up in the mud. I feel so bad for them.
Below is Hopalong Jim not to be mixed up with Hopalong Cassidy. Jim sports his nifty leg brace which he has had to resort to wearing after trying to copy my graceful behavior in the paddock by slipping and falling in the "stuff" other wise known as shit. LMAO. Not funny for him though as we aren't sure if he is going to need knee replacement since this is his bad knee that is affected.


No comments:
Post a Comment