It has rained for the past few days and the paddock is just a mud bog. I feel so bad for the "kids". Last Friday I spent over an hour getting the mud off of Lady and untangling her long mane and this morning she has a spot that looks like a mangled tangled dreadlock. It will take me hours to clean and untangle her again. Why is it they have to roll in mud? We work for hours trying to give them shelter and a cozy place and they prefer to stand in the rain and roll in mud. Sigh! Kids....
For me I am still suffering from headaches..which I still believe are sinus related as I still feel like crap. The sun was supposed to come out today...well if the AM is any indicator we have a long wait. Still my babies were so glad to see me this AM. Cody and Molly silent but Lady giving me her little knicker..her "what's for breakfast tone". Jim has been doing all the feeding lately especially since my "adventure on Saturday" and my cold or whatever it is. I let him sleep in this AM while Tom (official barn cat) and I ventured out. Feeding is bno problem as the buckets are on the fence under the shelter but hay....a different story. One with my hip I can hardly handle a 50 lb bale and two my little red wagon is useless..turning over every other step and dumping the hay bale. I manhandled or woman handled pr person handled the damn thing over to the gate..cut the twine and started to break "bates" of "biscuits" of hay off to carry it to the hay box in the pasture. Ha! what a site mud., hay,. poop everywhere and me traipsing sliding and slipping along. Got to within 3 feet and got my clogs stuck in the "mire" ( I prefer to think this mud instead of what it was) clog stuck and foot now covered and me cringing I threw what I had over to the box most landing into it and some on the ground which I had to now retrieve. Yuk the joys of being a farm girl! Trudging back I decided on a new route. The box is on the edge of the paddock bordering the small pasture so I took the rest in two more trips through the pasture throwing it over the fence. More than one way to skin a cat! sorry Tom not you.... Speaking of Tom while I was doing all this he sat and watched...I am sure laughing his tail off.. This done I retreated to the house for coffee and a trip to stick my feet in my shower to wash them off....boots next time. I do have a pair of mucking boots which any sane person would have donned. But......
No comments:
Post a Comment