Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It's a quiet Thanksgiving Day here on the ranch. The sun is finally out. The ground her is saturated and I'd say will be for days. I am thinking we probably will not be doing any training here this weekend. The horses are just filthy and Lady's mane is a tangled mess...again. Jim did the outdoor feedings and I did the kitties before embarking on the Turkey Day festivities.

Last night I shredded the bread for stuffing and baked an apple pie...which of course we just had to sample with Eddy's Vanilla ice cream.......well you wouldn't want it to be a failure for today would you?

Oh wow Jim just walked through and he's all dressed up and here I sit Autumn sweatshirt and jeans hair clipped up..no makeup. The table still need to be set up but I started up my routine after I fed the kitties with....prepping the Turkey..first really bleaching the sink and washing it down then carefully getting the innards out of the bird and washing it down drying and salting it's innards, while holding it up. Bird neatly in it's toaster I prepared the innards the broth I use for just about everything especially the gravy and stuffing. Using my Bells seasoning, which thanks to my BFF Joanne I have enough for 20 years. LOL can't get the stuff in the South, some butter, celery, onion and Jimmy Dean original sausage,broth and very clean hands I prepare my stuffing (dressing)  Mama's recipe..it's on the box. Bird carefully stuffed, buttered and using some Chicken stock and broth in the bottom of the pan I put it in the oven to cook. Probably if lucky it will be out of the oven around 2 PM to sit and wait while I prepare the rest of our little feast....Cranberries,Turnip (for Northerners)Rutabaga (if your a Southerner), Mashed potatoes, peas, celery sticks and for Jim, Green Bean Casserole. I wanted to make my Waldorf Salad which is a glorified coleslaw with apples,walnuts and grapes and sometimes whipped cream mixed in but with prices as they are I decided not to. We still have a mixture of his family feast and mine with out the salad.o big relish tray either..two people really do not need it...but maybe for Christmas I will include it all ...if we do Turkey and not Standing Roast of beef rib.

Just waiting now watching TV before finishing up.




No comments:

Post a Comment