I don't have the pics of yesterday but Lady's mane was so tangled...again.....I used her special spray and while I had her haltered and tied to the shelter she and I conversed and combed. I did take photos but with my phone so I can't post till I am in cell range with my phone and can send them to myself. She is now at peace with me untangling her mane and now her tail. She stood very still during the process which took about 2 hours. She is so soft now during this process nuzzling my arm while I combed. After her mane I went to work on her tail. Tracy showed up just as I was almost finished and showed me how to add a finishing touch,,part of what Amanda had told her. There is a spot under the tail bone that they love massaged and scratched and when you think on it there is no way they can reach it. Lady stood perfectly still while her Aunt massaged and scratched moving her tail up into the air and to the side so she could work,,,leg cocked and I swear sighing. She was in heaven and perfectly trusting too. Tracy took some photos of her after we were finished with her new camera and they were awesome. I will get copies and add them later. So glad we did get those shots BECAUSE Argh! it rained all night and she has again rolled and tangled her mane. All that work gone but not the bonding time we had doing it and as soon as she dries we will start again. A girl would understand that feeling the feeling as someone brushes and brushes your hair while you sit calmly with your eyes closed loving every minute of it.
It's going to be a long winter....a long winter of mother and daughter bonding with comb and brush. LMAO
Today on the ranch was just one of rest..no big dinner just turkey soup and lazing around watching new and old movies on the Hallmark channel. All the kitties are snuggled next to anyone who stays put relishing in their warmth.
No Riders Club this weekend though Tracy said she is going to workout Major in her :huge" barn, her comment was " I worked you and you worked me on the lead in the barn , I guess I can work Major " Not sure if she meant that I was as big as a horse or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment