I don't think we will ever dry out here at the ranch ..even the standing water has standing water. LOL I did get three video's uploaded to my Photobucket album. and added a link on the side for Beachnut Stables Videos
http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/beachnut999/horses/
Please have a look.
The last one shows my lame attempt at training Lady and shows me backing up all over the place and not understanding why she followed me LOL Real sad. The other two show after Amanda showed me how to do it. And to remember Not To Ever Back Up he who backs up looses. Now I walk into her showing her I am the leader not her. We still have off days especially when my body is not cooperating but mostly she is responding to me AND respecting me.
Tracy had training at her place yesterday but I chose to stay home. Her barn is supper large and has enough room to work in so they worked inside on a lead. Sounds like they did great by her facebook note.
I started on my Christmas ornaments, I'd like all homemade this year so I baked salt dough cookies and will paint them for the tree, I ended up breaking down and making Chocolate Chips for Jim too.
The kids are water logged out there and Lady has knotted her mane again...fourth time this week. Sigh! I tried Cowboy Magic last time and it seems to make it a lot easier to get them out but it is timely...more than an hour unknotting and then combing and combing as the braids make her hair very curly...sigh! I have to soak her mane to straighten it. I hate rain......now I know what humidity does to people with curly frizzy hair. It seems rain to her means a roll in the mud and really getting her hair in it and making it tangle. I'm thinking its on purpose to make me groom her.
I really wish we had a closes in barn but that's a work in progress..it's a farm you do what you can do when the money is there.
Oh well lousy day so maybe we will work on more crafts
oh yes I worked on this year's Christmas card and this is what I came up with.

No comments:
Post a Comment