Saturday, December 24, 2011

Like I said last blog..Time flies.  My Jim came home last Tuesday and we have been running around ever since. We have to make use of having the rented truck while we have it so lots of barn chores going on for sure. We went yesterday for more wood and a gutter to help defer the water from inside the shelter. Looks like the sides will wait till income tax time. Jim is going to put boards around the bottom all around the shelter which will help the run off going through the shelter. All we have everywhere is mud it's terrible. This also means uneven ground when it freezes. I will be glad when it is all done.  Next year I would like to duplicate this part to make it a real barn with 4 stalls. I love barns.....you have to laugh as barns are for people not the horses as if you ride around and look ...there are the barns and the stock are standing under leafless trees in the pouring rain. Me I love sitting in the barn just listening to the stock and when we get this done that's just what I will do....especially Christmas Eve so I can see if the animals talk.....well they did in "I Remember Mama"

Well next year........
Wishing all a Merry Christmas form Beachnut Stables at the Dry Creek Ranch...which btw is not dry at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment