Monday, December 12, 2011

Day two of early get up and go

Jimmy left Saturday night for Washington so it's me the kids and the cats. I am surprising myself with getting up before 7 AM...Jim had me spoiled...feeding the kitties first..if you do not they herd you..yup they are cowboy kitties they walk in front of you guiding you straight to the kitchen...if you deviate you trip.  Once the kitties are fed I go out to the horses who by now know I am up...good ears...don't know...but they know for sure. It is usually Cody greeting first while Lady and Molly herd each other into their spots.  Cody is still eating the Senior feed which has molasses so he is now pushing everyone else around to make sure he gets his first.  I think it's time to put him back to "Pleasure" feed as it did miracles to Lady's nasty disposition. She was one mean "biatch" on Senior feed and now is very sweet. I will have to check with Amanda ans see what she thinks.  She has been guiding us along since his summer fiasco. He sure looks so much better now even if he's covered with mud. He is walking proud and big with his chest stuck out...he was such a sad site when we brought him home...he looked like a spirit broken horse. We are so glad he picked up and got back to his old self.

Anyway everyone fed I went on to put water in their tub only to find just a tiny trickle coming out and not enough to push down through the hose...First thought is frozen pipe...but I had H2O in the house..after trying to thaw out the spigot I took the quick disconnect off..soaked it in hot water and put it back on...still no water....so "shit canned the sucker" re hooked the hose and filled both tubs.

Back in the house I warmed up with another cup of coffee..this time Daybreak Morning made in my Cuisinart K Kup the very best purchase we have made. I couldn't believe how much coffee we go through though till I watched Jim the other day...I bet he went through 6 cups in one day and there are only18 in a box.....I drink two a day maybe three. LOL Usually when he goes out to feed I turn on the regular pot and when I see him coming brew him a K Kup while his is brewing..Like I say I love my Cuisinart.

It still remains very muddy and cold out so I haven't worked with Lady or even combed her mane...the poor thing.  The last time we worked I had combed her first so by the time I worked her neither of us was in the mood. It was like she had forgotten all she learned..then again neither of us is known for our patience. I'm hoping things dry out and warm up soon so I can go out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment