I didn't realize it is almost a week since I blogged. Well you haven't missed much on the ranch at least as it has been the worst week. Rain and more rain and poor Lady looking like an orphaned wild horse. Day before yesterday I finally got to clean her up and bit and "dusted" off Cody too. It wasn't sunny and the pasture was still wet but the kids were way over looking into T & Tracy's pasture for there friends. Lady looked and saw me walking into the pasture with her halter and lead and surprised me so much because she walked over to me and followed me to the tree of knowledge. This is where she would usually tease me and walk off into the woods but she turned and faced me and let me yes let me halter her and put her lead rope on. She then followed me to the dryest spot we could find and she immediately turned and looked at me. She WANTED to play. So I put her through a few of her learned paces which she did I didn't do much at all just about a minute or two with each as it was still slick and muddy we then went back to the tree where I tied her. It was then time to undo her tangled mane. Sigh never ending now. But I think she is loving this attention. Any way it was about a half hours work as it seems the Cowboy Magic I used before still works making the tangle easier to work on. After I was done I curried and scratched her till Cody showed up and started acting Stallion like. I wasn't taking chances because the last time resulted with him rearing and kicking at her so I backed him away till he gave up and went to forage a few feet away. I then undid Lady and went to Cody and curried him and brushed him up a wee bit. That seemed to make him happy and then Molly barged in so she had some too. That done the three went off to munch on hay.
Lady has found a way to make me feel guilty. I usually feed around 4:30 PM and lately if I look out about three there she is in her stall area turned and staring at the house. She doesn't move just stares and stares......" I want you to come out and feed me, I want you to come out and feed me" and so on and so on. Has she got me hypnotized? Is she trying mind games? Who knows but I can't stop myself from looking back...but not giving in. I had to laugh because today she moved from the stall to opposite my LR window and was doing the same thing. By this time it was time to feed so I grabbed my camera only to find she had moved to her stall and the damn battery's were dead in the camera. Gonna catch this one of these days as it is so cute to see.
The week has kept me busy as I have been going to T's and taking care of the doggies....mostly Queenie who at her elder age needs to go out a few times a day and in her condition can't use the dog door to go out..she comes in but not out. Besides this I spent two days doing some paper work for her.. It kept me busy.
Nights I turn into Betty Crocker for some unknown reason I can't create my digital work but I've gone on a baking spree, Before Jim left I was baking Chocolate Chip cookies I think 3 batches. Since he has gone I made Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Spritz cookies , Walnut thumbprints, Wedding type cookies.Snicker doodles, and Biscotti...Wonders will never cease. All this with cat help..TJ and RJ are the cookie makers...Chessie only likes to cook meat. I still have some wrapping to do and a hat to finish knitting. LOL but then this isn't stable stuff but I guess ranch stuff since it happens on the ranch.
good news is Jim leaves tonight well in the we Sunday AM hours1:40 Spokane time 3:40AM our time and should be home Tuesday AM..I'm so happy it's been a long week.
No comments:
Post a Comment