Roundnpen
work with both horses then we saddled up for a ride down by the lake
and back. Lots of things going on. Dogs barking and loose, met new
neighbor horses. Woody and General Lee and goat,some trucks and 4
wheelers and no problems. Lady was a bit antsy but lots of flexes n one
reins etc helped . Cody led most of the time and took turns with Lady on
the way back. .
All
in all we did great with all the things going on. Lady being gaited of
course wants to move on out and it takes a bit to keep her slow. On the
way out she did real good listening to me and paying attention. I had on
problem at the T's drive way as I pulled in to let her rest. She
thought Cody was leaving her behind...she had been leading and she3 kept
wanting to jump the ditch and catch him plus backing up. so I had to do
some flexing and one reins and moving around till she let me tell her
what to do. She then walked out onto the driveway and followed Cody by
the dogs and horses on the curve then we let her walk out leaving Cody
in the dust so to speak. At the corner a truck was pulling out and she
nicely pulled up for me and let him go and we proceeded down the road to
home. She paid attention to me all the way home. I didn't think I'd be
able to get off alone as my legs were shaking by now so Jim got off and
moved her to the block and I surprised myself with a one sweep of the
leg over and onto the block. Got on almost the same...with long jeans on
yeah!
Anyway we loosened their saddles took them for a drink , tied
them and gave them a treat and will go our in a bit. I think we spent
45 mins or so in the ring and an hour riding. real proud of them. LOL
Cody was falling asleep and tripped over his own feet. Lady though was
wide awake and very alert. Jim had Cody in a slow jog in the grass on
the side of the rode coming home.
No comments:
Post a Comment