http://s151.photobucket.com/user/beachnut999/library/horses?sort=3&page=1
is the link that I hope works so that you can see the video's from this year of our ongoing training. I think so far I just have 1 under the sub file started as a few are upside down as we try to cope with taking them with the phone so they aren't posted.
Whenever the coral is dry Jim and I go out and practice. I am still fighting to get my confidence back but it's getting better and better each time I get on. I have switched to a Bozal or quick stop on Lady's bridle and she seems to be responding better. I am also still exaggerating my rein ques till we get used to it so that I do not hurt her nose.
There is no way I will ride in the mud for quite a time since it was MUD that sent me on my quick dismount, Maybe when I am confident I will again. Lady being her marish self has persisted with refusing to turn on command which I found out from Amanda was my own fault as I was panicking and giving in teaching her to go ahead and do what she wanted. After we put the Bozal on everything changed....I didn't give up the pressure till she did what I wanted then immediately gave her release. It is getting better and better by the day.
Last night after it cooled down Jim and I went out again to the coral. He video taped me upside down...lol proving I can stay in my saddle. Lady seemed very happy to be out again and still testy but this time I kept correcting her and didn't do my "Oh Oh Oh I'm getting off" thingy. I breathed deep and kept on following Amanda's instructions, When she was near the fence and wouldn't move I gave her her cue and also a tap with my rein end which startled her and she turned away and picked up her feet. walking right out. I didn't panic but encouraged her this time which surprised her. I know they are bored in the coral but it has to be for a bit more then when I feel safe we will take them out and down the road. The goal is to be able to have them and me safe for the kids and maybe camping or at least a trail ride away from home. They love to be out.
Practice, Practice, Practice
No comments:
Post a Comment