Quiet time on the ranch. Forth of July has come and gone and I hate to admit "we did nothing". I watched the series John Adams all day on HBO and Jim fooled around on his computer. NADA accomplished on the ranch except watering and feeding LOL. Hey everyone needs a day to chill.
It has been over 100 degrees for over a week, now. The horses seem ok have plenty of water and chill out in Ladies stall as she has the only fan for the time being. They , Lady and Cody have fly masks on and realizing that they help love to have them put on and willingly taken off every night. Amazing how quick they learn
With the heat all training has come to a standstill as well as my recovery and confidence riding. Lots of time comparing notes with DUH ( Down Under Horsemanship) friends and watching DUH videos too. Thankful that I have the tools on which to build on. My friend Amanda and the others agree I need "lots of roundpen work" me too. LOL. I just wish I had more room to work ing as both of us get frustrated going round and round..figure 8's and circles all in a tight area...but getting Lady to mind is frustrating at best. She remembers my handicap I am sure and is unwilling to relinquish control which is necessary in our relationship. Ground work does go well even though she anticipates me a lot.
The ranch is getting ready for Jim's family's annual visit. The kids are so looking forward to it but I wish the horses would be ready...they aren't and we can't afford to take them riding elsewhere. Last year , of course, the horses were at J Bar so it was a daily trip to visit and hang around the barn. I am hoping to at least duplicate the atmosphere here. Thinking maybe some type of crafts with the kids and ..grooming of horses..walking them etc. My goal is to have the horses ready..next vacation to maybe even having all of us go camping at Land Between the Lakes. This year it maybe only a visit there and hopefully ride at their stables.

No comments:
Post a Comment